Hotbooksales - Buyer Beware- Hidden fees!

Daytona Beach, Florida 2 comments

On 11/21/2011 I used this online company because they had good prices.Later, I received my billing statement only to find "hidden" charges were added to my credit card bill.

They added $1.- which they said was for "processing" (not shipping- that is a seperate charge) & a $19.95 fee for a "trial membership". I didn't recall anything about a trial membership or a charge. I called them and they said they would refund my acct.

$19.95 but not the $1.00.Pretty sneaky company- watch out for BBV HotBookSale.com, definately don't seem to be a real up front company.

Review about: Books.

Comments

KevinM

I too was charged on three different occassions.$1.00 ok,$11.05 for my book ok,$9.95 for hotbook/BestBrands?Membership??? I never wanted that,how do I get my $9.95 back?! :upset

Hi there,

I'm Jeff from the {HotBookSale.com/BestBrandValues} Support Team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regarding your concern of automatic sign up, we do not offer a mandatory membership and you can choose whether to join the membership and order or whether to order without joining the membership. Also, the membership sign up is not automatic, and you have to agree to the Terms of Offer of membership on the checkout page to join the membership. The Terms of Offer are very clear on the checkout page and you have to agree to them in order to place the order and join the membership.

If you join the membership then you are entitled to many membership benefits like special $5.00 discounted price for first item, free shipping for first item and wholesale prices for all ordered items. If you had not joined the membership then these benefits would not have been applied to you.

We try to help all our customers to the best of our abilities. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you need any further assistance, please contact us via Phone support,chat support or support ticket and we will be happy to assist you further.

Hotbooksales - I am being billed for something I never ordered. I ordered one book at 5.91 (In Search of Belief) an

Clarksburg, West Virginia 1 comment

I ordered a book by Joan Chittister, In Search of Belief. (8-29) and received it a few days later. This was paid through my credit card.

I never purchased anything else from Hotbooks.com, but continue to get billed 9.95 (9-02, 9-26, 10-03).

My credit card has been changed and I informed Visa that I would not be paying these bills because I ordered nothing from you, and received nothing from you as well.

I belive that the Commerce Bank, Visa will be sending a letter to say that they will not pay the money for non purchases, or services I never knowingly agreed to.

I do thank you for the book which I did receive promptly after ordering.

Sandra Weinke

Review about: Card Charges.

Comments

Hi there,

I'm Jeff from the {HotBookSale.com/BestBrandValues} Support Team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hotbooksales - I ordered books over a month ago and still dont have them.

Gadsden, Alabama 0 comments

I will never ever order a book from this company again. i ordered 4 books and they were all available and i was charged for other memberships i didn't need or want nut they made sure the got there money for the mess i didn't need and my books that i still don't have..i called a week ago and they told me i would have my books on the 31 of march and i still don't have them i called today April 6, and they told me they still aren't in but they should be mailed out in 2days.. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THS JOKE OF A COMPANY AGAIN...

Review about: Books.